The patent system is broken. Companies, often referred to as patent trolls, are buying up broad patents and using them to threaten businesses and individuals.
Trolling Effects is a resource for those who have been targeted by patent trolls. Here you can learn more about these bad actors, search through and submit demand letters, and find out how we can fix our broken patent system.
Trolling Effects is a project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, with support from the following partners:
- App Developers Alliance
- Ask Patents
- Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA)
- Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
- Engine Advocacy
- Open Technology Institute
- Public Knowledge
- Engelberg Center on Innovation Law & Policy at NYU School of Law
- Samuelson Law, Technology & Public Policy Clinic at Berkeley Law
Special thanks to Mirabot Technology Cooperative for building and designing the website.
Demand letter information or changes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Generic questions, press inquiries, news, partnership information, etc.: email@example.com
Website inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal inquiries: email@example.com